College of Arts & Sciences Syllabus
|Monday||6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||LWH-2022|
|Or by appointment|
- Relational Databases
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Apply concepts of relational database management systems to design their own databases.
- Use SQL to create queries of beginner and intermediate complexity.
- Optimize design of databases by applying knowledge of ER Diagrams and normalization.
- Create applications that interface with a database.
|Homework Average (HW)||30%|
|Weighted Average||Course Grade|
|90.00% or higher||A|
|80.00% – 89.99999%||B|
|70.00% – 79.99999%||C|
|60.00% – 69.99999%||D|
|0% – 59.99999%||F|
- There will be several homework’s assigned, while working on homework assignments in groups is encouraged, plagiarism is NOT tolerated. All your work should be unique and done by yourself, you are not allowed to share your work with anyone but me, If I determine that you have shared your work or if two or more people turn in identical or essentially identical homework, you will receive a ‘0’ for that assignment. If it happens again, you will receive an 'F' for the course and may be subject to further academic discipline as per NEIU Student Code of Conduct.
- Homework assignments will be turned in electronically through D2L and to the appropriate Dropbox folder.
- There will be no makeup homework assignments, but the lowest homework grade will be dropped — so if you didn’t submit one, that is the one dropped.
- Assignments will be due on Thursdays by 4:00 p.m.
- Late homework assignments should be submitted within 24 hours of the original due date, and will be worth no more than half credit, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All quizzes and the midterm are completely online. More details will be made available later on in the semester.
- The Midterm is due on Thursday June 27th, 2019 and will be posted a week ahead of the due date.
- If you are not satisfied with any of your grades, you may request a regrade.
- All regrade requests must be submitted within 48 hours after the grade was posted on D2L.
- When you request a regrade, you agree that you may receive the same grade, a higher grade, or a lower grade if more errors are found.
- To request a regrade, send me an email telling me the reason why you think your grade is incorrect.
- ONLY emails from your NEIU account will be considered, if you email me from your personal or work email, or any account other than your NEIU email, your request will be rejected.
- If you fail to follow the instructions, your request will be rejected.
- If you can’t make it to the above indicated office hours, please send me an e-mail to set up an appointment.
- To better assist you, a Maximum number of 3 students are allowed in the office at any one time.
- You are responsible to check online for assignments, solutions, and announcements.
- No extra credit will be given.
- No "I" grade (Incomplete) will be given.
- Last day to drop the class and receive a “W” is Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
See Course Outline page for tentative course outline.
No attendance is required for an online class.
Academic Integrity Statement:
By enrolling in this course, you are bound by the NEIU Student Code of Conduct: http://www.neiu.edu/university-life/student-rights-and-responsibilities/student-code-conduct. You will be informed by your instructor of any additional policy specific to your course regarding plagiarism, class disruptions, etc.
Campus Safety Statement:
It is recognized that a safe university environment is a shared responsibility of faculty, staff, and students, all of whom are expected to familiarize themselves with and cooperate with emergency procedures. Emergency Procedures and Safety Information can be found on NEIUport on the MyNEIU tab or at:
Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in making reasonable accommodations for qualified students with disabilities. To request accommodations, students with special needs should make arrangements with the Student Disability Services (SDS) office, located on the main campus in room D104. Contact SDS via (773) 442-4595 or http://www.neiu.edu/university-life/student-disability-services.